BUCKWALTER COMMERCIAL, LLC AT A GLANCE
Located in the heart of coastal South Carolina/Georgia, the land holdings of affiliates of Buckwalter Commercial, LLC, ("Buckwalter Commercial") are optimally positioned in the region's premier Planned Unit Development. Nearby residential growth is unprecedented, the locations and accessibility are near perfect and growth continues to converge on the Buckwalter Commercial holdings from all sides.
A REGION OF EXPLOSIVE GROWTH
- Bluffton lies in the center of the Savannah/Beaufort/Hilton Head/I-95 region.
- Bluffton is the fastest growing town in the fastest growing county (Beaufort) in South Carolina.
- Bluffton has grown to 50 square miles, making it the 4th largest town in geographic area in South Carolina.
- The Town of Bluffton's population is expected to reach 45,000 over the next two decades.
- The new campuses of the University of South Carolina and the Technical College of the Low Country, Sun City, Palmetto Bluff, the U.S. 278 Corridor, and a host of other nearby developments provide strong immediate anchors for Buckwalter Commercial's holdings.
- Similarly, Southern Beaufort County is one of the fastest growing areas in the U.S., growing in population by 70% from 1990 to 2008.
The Buckwalter PUD is in the center of Bluffton.
The Buckwalter PUD was designed as and is well on its way to becoming the nucleus of economic, technological, entrepreneurial, governmental, commercial, entertainment, institutional, academic, religious, recreational, and residential activity in the Greater Bluffton area and beyond, with over 500 acres of commercial and over 7,000 residential units planned, under construction, or completed. Consensus is that the Buckwalter PUD has now become the place to be. Projects completed, in the works, or planned include:
- Unmatched accessibility to all major roads in Bluffton
- Seventeen residential communities with varying types of development in different stages of construction
- K-12 public school campus
- Two private schools
- Three churches
- Extraordinary vehicular, biking and walking interconnectivity
- 120-acre regional multi-purpose, public park
- A state of the art entertainment complex including a 12-screen movie theatre
- The 120-acre Okatie Regional Passive Park.
- A 1,500+ acre wetland system providing significant recreational, aesthetic and other opportunities
- Southern Beaufort County's premier centrally located mixed-use, urban core experience in the 94 acre Buckwalter Place with its technology village, governmental, commercial, entertainment, residential, office and hospitality components in the works.
TECHNOLOGICALLY SAVVY DEVELOPMENT
Components of the Buckwalter PUD continue to set the precedent for technology and innovation in the Southern South Carolina Lowcountry including:
- First high-tech high school
- First broadband wireless K-12 campus
- First Fiber to the Home (FTTH) communities
- First planned technology village
- First significant High-Tech company (i.e. CareCore National in Bluffton) providing services nationwide
- Several more firsts are well into the planning stages
THE OPPORTUNITIES AT BUCKWALTER PLACE, BUCKWALTER CROSSROADS, WOODBRIDGE COMMONS AND THE TOWNES CENTER
- Buckwalter Place is the Lowcountry's most exciting and dynamic mixed use experience for technological, knowledge-based and headquarter businesses. High quality retail, entertainment, medical, hospitality, financial, office and residential developments are underway and/or being planned.
- Buckwalter Crossroads, with 2+ miles of SC 170 and Bluffton Parkway road frontage, is a developer's dream with tremendous visibility and accessibility, traffic counts, etc.
- Woodbridge Commons and The Townes Center provide additional unique opportunities with three full accesses on Buckwalter Parkway. Both developments lie between the Buckwalter Parkway and the main gate of completed residential communities.
- For high quality tenants, owners, entrepreneurs, investors, financial institutions and well capitalized developers, etc., the opportunity is now.
- Much, much more is to come.
AN EXPERIENCED, SUCCESSFUL MULTI-FACETED DEVELOPMENT TEAM
The Buckwalter Commercial Development Team is deep in talent, experience, and vision. The Team's key personnel have had full hands on operational responsibility (i.e. typically as President, managing partner, and/or chief operating officer) for in excess of 3,000,000 square feet of improved properties and 30,000 acres of land in twelve states.
Property types have included: large land tracts and PUDs, high quality mixed-use R&D parks and high tech buildings, public/private partnerships, downtown and suburban office, retail, hospitality, entertainment, institutional and flex space throughout the U.S. Present affiliated operations based in Savannah, Georgia, Columbia, South Carolina, Louisville, Kentucky, Johnstown, Pennsylvania, and St. George, Utah, materially amplify the capabilities of the Bluffton-based development team.
The Team is committed to helping to create the superior Planned Unit Development experience in the Lowcountry.
Information contained herein has been gathered from sources deemed reliable and an attempt has been made to present the information accurately. However, anyone using this information should make an independent investigation of the facts, as no representation or warranty as to the accuracy of the information contained herein is made. This information may not be duplicated or distributed without the prior written consent of Buckwalter Commercial, LLC.